Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Shrimp Skewers
These sweet and spicy pineapple shrimp skewers are a quick and easy summer app or entree. They require just four ingredients and are perfect for any summer BBQ.
Servings: 10 skewers
- 1 lb shrimp large uncooked
- 1 lb pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp sambal
In a small bowl, add sweet chili sauce and sambal and mix to combine.
Thread shrimp and pineapple chunks onto skewers. Continue until all shrimp and pineapple are used. You should get 9-10 skewers. Using a pastry brush, brush sauce onto both sides of each pineapple shrimp skewer.
Heat grill to medium high heat. Add pineapple shrimp skewers and cook for 3 minutes. Brush skewers with any remaining sauce. Flip skewers and cook another 2-3 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through and opaque.
Remove skewers and to a serving dish. Garish with chopped parsley and lime wedges (optional). Serve warm.
- If you are using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Ensure your pineapple chunks are all around the same size and about the same size as the shrimp to ensure skewers lay flat and everything can cook evenly.
- If you would like to have some sauce for dipping the skewers into, reserve some sauce into a small bowl before brushing pineapple shrimp skewers.