These healthy cookie dough bites are so quick and easy to make. They are vegan, gluten free and made with 7 simple ingredients!
Healthy Cookie Dough Bites
If you follow me on Instagram, than you know I’ve made these healthy no bake cookie dough bites about 100 times (or close to it).
They take 10 minutes to put together, require minimal ingredients, are gluten free and are so so easy to make. I make a batch at least once a week and pop one or two each night after dinner for the perfect sweet treat. Seriously, you just gotta make them!
After many batches, my boyfriend and I have come to an agreement that this is the best combination nut butter and flour. No doubt, I will still continue to experiment, and post an updated recipe if I find another delicious one. But for now, these are perfect and my go to recipe.
I will post substitutions below. The dough is very forgiving and the substitutions work. I have tried the different variations and they are good, BUT the recipe as posted will yield the best results, trust me!
The ingredients you will need for this recipe include cashew butter, almond flour, vanilla protein powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, sea salt and sprinkles or chocolate chips. Cashew butter and almond flour can be a bit tricky to find and can be expensive. I recommend shopping for these items at Trader Joe’s, Walmart or buying in bulk. I buy my cashew butter at Trader Joe’s for $7.99 (the cheapest I’ve found it).
All you have to do is combine everything in a mixing bowl, scoop dough with a cookie scooper and roll into balls. DONE. So easy. They are delicious right away but I like to pop mine in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up just a bit. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Nut Butter: You can sub any nut or seed butter. I have tried almond butter, peanut butter and peanut butter powder mixed with water. All are tasty however, cashew butter has the most neutral flavor out of all of them. This will yield less of a nutty flavor and more of a cookie dough flavor.
- Flour: You can sub oat flour (store bought or made by blending up oats until fine) or coconut flour. I do not recommend all purpose flour, as the bites will have more of a “raw” flour taste.
- Maple syrup: You can sub honey for the maple syrup.
- Protein powder: You can use unflavored protein powder. If so, do 1 tbsp vanilla extract instead of 1 tsp.
- Sea salt: You can omit the sea salt; however, it enhances the flavors of the other ingredients and regular cookie dough has a bit of salt too!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- No Bake Brookie Bars
- Cookie Dough Caramel Candy Bars
- S’mores Cookie Dough Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Baked Oats
- Cookie Dough Oat Cake
Healthy Cookie Dough Bites
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- chocolate chips or sprinkles
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients well.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop even portions.
- Roll into balls. Store in the fridge.