Make these vegan no bake mini blueberry cheesecakes and I promise you will be blown away! You’ll wonder how these sweet, and creamy mini cheesecakes could possibly have no dairy, no gluten and no refined sugar.
This post may contain affiliate links
I was inspired to make these mini vegan cheesecakes when I saw Trader Joe’s “cheese-less cheesecakes” product. However, the ingredient list on this product is quite extensive.
I thought to myself, I could make a homemade version of these with minimal ingredients and they would be equally delicious. I was hoping for good but what I got was INCREDIBLE. I knew immediately they deserved a spot on the blog STAT.
I know vegan desserts are not everyone’s thing. I know people may dismiss these immediately upon knowing there is no cream cheese, eggs, refined sugar, etc. But just trust me on this one. These mini vegan cheesecakes are sweet, slightly tangy, creamy and just oh so delicious. Just trust me on this one and give these a shot!
These Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes are
- Gluten Free
- Refined sugar free
- No bake
- Less than 10 ingredients
There are two components to these mini vegan blueberry cheesecakes: the crust and the filling. They have minimal ingredients, both components are made in the food processor, and then added to the muffin pan; very easy!
- Maple syrup
- Coconut cream
- Maple syrup
- Lemon juice and zest
The first step is to soak the cashews that go into the filling. This is an important step to ensure a smooth and creamy cheesecake-like consistency.
You can soak the cashews in water overnight. However, if you are short on time or bad at planning ahead like I am, you can soak the cashews in boiling water for 15 minutes and you will get the same result!
Next, it’s time to make the crust. In the food processor, combine the unsoaked cashews, oats, dates and maple syrup.
Blend for 1-2 minutes until a ball of dough starts to form. The crust should stick when pressed together but not lose its shape.
If it’s too dry, add more maple syrup, 1 tablespoon at a time. If it’s too wet, add more oats 1 tbsp at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
Evenly distribute the dough between muffin tins, then press the dough down into an even layer. You’ll want enough dough to have about a 1/4 inch crust and you should get about 12 mini cheesecakes.
The next step is the make the filling. Clean out your food processor and wipe it dry. Combine the soaked and drained cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, vanilla, lemon juice and zest and blueberries in the food processor. Blend until completely smooth, approximately 1 minute.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop the filling into muffin tins. Smooth out the top of each cheesecake.
I topped my mini cheesecakes with blueberries but you could also top them with blueberry jam, a lemon blueberry glaze or a combination!
Place muffin pan in the freezer and allow the cheesecakes to freeze for at least 2 hours. Pop them out of the muffin pan while frozen and store in an air tight container in the freezer.
Refrigerator: place mini cheesecake in the refrigerator and allow to defrost for 2 hours. This is the recommended method.
Room temp: If you’re short on time, defrost cheesecakes at room temperature for 30 minutes before eating.
- Blueberries: If you do not have fresh blueberries, frozen and defrosted blueberries would work as well
- Nuts: You can use any type of nut for the crust. The cashews in the filling can not be substituted.
More No Bake Dessert Recipes
- Vegan Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Almond Coconut Bars
- Pumpkin Cookie Dough Bites
- No Bake Carrot Cake Bars
- No Bake Brookie Bars
If you make these Mini Vegan Blueberry Cheesecakes, please leave a comment below and rate this recipe! If you snap a pic, be sure to tag me on Instagram @thechowdown! I love seeing your creations!
Vegan Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup rolled oats gluten free if needed
- 1/2 cup dates approximately 5 dates
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Soak 1 1/2 cups cashews for the filling in water overnight or in boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Combine crust ingredients in a food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes until a dough ball forms. Divide dough evenly amongst silicone cupcake tin and press down into an even layer. You should have about a 1/4 inch crust for 12 mini cheesecakes.
- Clean and dry food processor. Add soaked cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest and blueberries in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scoop filling into cupcake tins and smooth out with a rubber spatula. Top with blueberries.
- Freeze for 2 hours. Remove mini cheesecakes from silicone mold while frozen. Store in an air tight container in the freezer. To eat, defrost in refrigerator for 2 hours or at room temperature for 30 minutes.