Juicy, flaky salmon and a flavorful homemade crab cake style stuffing are paired together to create this easy and delicious air fryer crab stuffed salmon that cooks in just 10 minutes!
This post contains affiliate links
This air fried crab stuffed salmon may seem fancy, but it’s actually quite easy to make. In fact, it’s nice enough for date night and special occasions but easy enough for weeknights.
All you have to do is make the stuffing, which is similar to making a crab cake mixture, stuff your salmon to the brim with the filling and then air fry.
The stuffing is flavorful, tender in the middle and crispy on the outside, and the salmon turns out flaky and juicy.
Pairs perfectly with your favorite starch and vegetable to make a well rounded and healthy dinner everyone will love!
Salmon: I highly recommend getting fresh salmon from your local fish market for best quality.
Crab meat: look for fresh precooked crab meat, usually located in a refrigerated section next to the seafood counter at the grocery store.
Breadcrumbs: breadcrumbs add texture and help bind the stuffing together.
Cream cheese: cream cheese creates a creamy stuffing.
Mayonnaise: just one tablespoon is used to add moisture to the crab stuffing.
Hot sauce: hot sauce will add flavor but will not make the filling spicy.
Lemon juice: compliments the salmon and crab nicely.
Dijon mustard: adds a bit of tang and flavor.
Herbs and spices: fresh parsley, Old Bay seasoning, salt and black pepper.
Cutting board and knife
Measuring cups and spoons
In a mixing bowl, add crab meat, breadcrumbs, cream cheese, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, hot sauce, lemon juice, fresh parsley, Old Bay seasoning, salt and black pepper. Mix ingredients well to create the crab stuffing.
Cut salmon into 3-4 fillets that are about five ounces each. Cut a slit into the center of each fillet.
The slit should extend about one inch from each end. Do not cut all the way through the salmon.
Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel, brush or spray with olive oil and season generously with salt and black pepper.
Stuff each fillet with the crab stuffing and top each fillet with any remaining stuffing. They should be overflowing with stuffing.
Place salmon on greased air fryer and air fry at 375°F for 10-12 minutes, depending on thickness of the salmon.
What to Serve Air Fryer Stuffed Salmon With
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Steamed green beans
- Sautéed asparagus
- Oven roasted broccoli
- Side salad
- Ask your fishmonger for a thick piece of salmon, which will be easier to stuff.
- Sprinkle a little extra breadcrumbs on top of the stuffing before popping into the air fryer.
- Keep the skin on for cooking, which will help keep the fish moist. You can discard it afterwards.
How long will crab stuffed salmon last in the fridge?
I wouldn’t recommend keeping leftover crab stuffed salmon in the fridge longer than 2 days.
How do I reheat crab stuffed salmon?
Place leftover crab stuffed salmon on your air fryer basket. Air fry at 350°F, until the center of the salmon is warmed through, which will take about 10 minutes.
Can I make this with another type of fish if I don’t like salmon?
Yes! Sole, flounder, tilapia, cod, haddock and red snapper are all great options.
However, sometimes it’s hard to find thick pieces of these types of fish, so just top each fillet with the crab stuffing instead of creating slits in the fish.
Do I need to preheat my air fryer to make crab stuffed salmon?
No, unless your air fryer instructions specifically say to always preheat your air fryer before using. I did not preheat my air fryer before cooking the salmon.
Crab meat: if you can’t find fresh, refrigerated crab meat, you can use crab meat from a can or imitation crab.
Breadcrumbs: use gluten free breadcrumbs, or rice crumbs, if needed to make this recipe gluten free.
Cream cheese: for a lower fat option, use neufchâtel cheese, which 1/3 the fat of regular cream cheese.
Mayonnaise: omit if you don’t like mayonnaise or use sour cream or plain Greek yogurt as a sub.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Tuscan Stuffed Chicken
- Greek Salmon Bowls
- Air Fryer Chicken Chimichangas
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
If you make this Air Fryer Stuffed Salmon, be sure to leave a comment below and rate this recipe! If you snap a pic, be sure to tag me on Instagram @thechowdown! I love seeing your creations!
Air Fryer Crab Stuffed Salmon
- 1 1/4 lb salmon
- 8 oz fresh crab meat
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a mixing bowl, add crab meat, breadcrumbs, cream cheese, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, hot sauce, lemon juice, fresh parsley, Old Bay seasoning, salt and black pepper. Mix ingredients well to create the crab stuffing.
- Cut salmon into 3-4 fillets that are about 5-6 ounces each. Cut a slit into the center of each fillet. The slit should extend to about one inch from each end. Do not cut all the way through the salmon.
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel, brush or spray with olive oil and season generously with salt and black pepper. Stuff each fillet with the crab stuffing and top each fillet with any remaining stuffing. They should be overflowing with stuffing.
- Place salmon on greased air fryer and air fry at 375°F for 10-12 minutes, depending on thickness of the salmon.
Leave a Reply