All the delicious flavors of Fall’s favorite pie blended up into this thick and creamy healthy apple pie smoothie. It’s the perfect refreshing and nutritious snack to enjoy this Fall.
This post contains affiliate links
This healthy apple pie smoothie is a delicious fall treat to enjoy for breakfast, as a snack or post workout. I make it at least a dozen times every Fall!
This smoothie is great for when you want to enjoy the flavors of fall, but it is still warm where you are. For me in New York, that is most of September, when I’m just starting to get really excited about all the Fall flavors.
This apple pie smoothie is made with oats, apple, frozen banana, sweetened with a date and maple syrup, and seasoned with cinnamon, pie spice and vanilla.
This smoothie is dairy free, vegan, gluten free (if using gluten free oats), provides a healthy serving of fruit, and is full of nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, antioxidants and fiber.
Apple: use a sweet, crisp apple such as gala, fuji, pink lady or honey crisp.
Banana: we’ll be using frozen banana to help make the smoothie thick and creamy.
Oats: rolled oats or quick oats work here, they will be blended to a powder before the remaining ingredients are added so the smoothie is nice and smooth.
Date: the date adds a rich, caramel like taste and sweetness.
Milk of choice: I used oat milk to compliment the present flavors, but any type of milk works.
Maple syrup: for additional sweetness and the maple flavor really compliments the apple and oats.
Vanilla: really adds an additional depth of flavor and makes this smoothie taste more like a baked good.
Spices: cinnamon, pumpkin or apple pie spice and just a touch of salt, to bring out the flavors of this recipe.
In the base of a high speed blender, add oats and blend until they become a flour. Add frozen banana, apple, date, maple syrup, vanilla, spices and milk of choice.
Blend for 30 seconds to one minute, or until mixture is completely smooth.
Pour into a glass, top with your favorite toppings and enjoy immediately.
Whipped cream or coco whip
- Freeze the apple before using for a thicker smoothie.
- Keep the peel on the apple for additional fiber.
- Leaving the date whole or cut in half (vs chopping it up into small pieces) when adding it to the blender will actually help ensure it gets broken down and blended smooth with the other ingredients.
- Use a combination of dairy free milk and cream/ers for a richer smoothie.
- Peel and segment bananas before freezing for quick and easy smoothie making.
Substitutions & Modifications
Frozen banana: if you can’t eat banana or don’t like it, you can sub 1/4 cup applesauce and ice
Date: add an additional teaspoon of maple syrup to replace to sweetness from the date.
Ice: add ice for a colder and thicker smoothie. You may need to blend for an additional 30 seconds to a minute until smooth.
Boost of protein: add a scoop of protein powder or collagen for a boost of protein.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
- Apple Oat Crumble Bars
- No Bake Mini Apple Cinnamon Cheesecakes
- Apple Pie Pop Tarts
- Pumpkin Protein Balls
Healthy Apple Pie Smoothie
- 1/2 apple peeled and diced
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 date
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- small pinch sea salt
- In the base of a high speed blender, add oats and blend until they become a flour. Add frozen banana, apple, date, maple syrup, vanilla, spices and milk of choice.
- Blend for 30 seconds to one minute, or until mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour into a glass, top with your favorite toppings and enjoy immediately.