These lemon blueberry energy bites are an easy, no-bake treat perfect for springtime. Make these to store in your fridge for a quick snack at home or on the go.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Lemon Blueberry Energy Bites
Spring has finally sprung after a long and bitterly cold winter. You best believe I am jumping right into all the springtime flavors.
Two flavors that instantly come to mind in springtime are blueberry and lemon. This dynamic duo adds so much bright freshness to any recipe. They are also the perfect ingredients for jazzing up energy bites.
I love making energy bites because they are super quick, easy and contain few ingredients. They are convenient to have in the fridge for a quick treat any time of the day.
These Energy Bites
- Contain only 5 ingredients
- Take 15 minutes to make
- Require no baking
- Are vegan & gluten free!
Oats: the base for these energy bites. Either quick oats or old fashioned rolled oats work.
Cashew Butter: we want runny cashew butter for the best consistency. Cashew butter is mild in flavor but also compliments the lemon and blueberry nicely.
Maple syrup: for natural sweetness and to add moisture.
Lemon: we will use both the lemon juice and zest for a nice lemony punch.
Dried blueberries: dried blueberries are smaller and contain no juices, so they don’t stain the energy bites or make them soggy.
What You’ll Need
In a mixing bowl, combine oats, runny cashew butter, maple syrup and the lemon juice and zest. Mix until everything is well combined. Fold in dried blueberries.
Roll dough into one tablespoon sized balls. Use a one tablespoon sized cookie scoop if you have one. Place energy bites onto a plate and refrigerate to set.
Store energy bites in an air tight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Cashew butter: You can sub any nut butter; however, it will alter the flavor and make them more nutty tasting.
Maple syrup: you can sub an equal amount of honey for the maple syrup.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Healthy Cookie Dough Bites
- Pumpkin Protein Balls
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Baked Oats
- Apple Oat Crumble Bars
- Mixed Berry Crumble Bars
If you make these lemon blueberry energy bites, be sure to leave a comment below and rate this recipe! If you snap a pic, be sure to tag me on Instagram @thechowdown! I love seeing your creations!
Lemon Blueberry Energy Bites
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup runny cashew butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, runny cashew butter, maple syrup and the lemon juice and zest. Mix until everything is well combined. Fold in dried blueberries.
- Roll dough into one tablespoon sized balls. Use a one tablespoon sized cookie scoop if you have one. Place energy bites on to a plate and refrigerate to set.
- Store energy bites in an air tight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.