Margaritas aren’t just for summer! This fall apple cider margarita is sweet, crisp and ready to impress with a cinnamon sugar rim!
This post contains affiliate links
This apple cider margarita is the best Fall cocktail. It is refreshing, sweet but not too sweet and celebrates everyone’s favorite Fall produce – the apple!
I love this cocktail because it is extremely easy to make at home and requires just 6 ingredients. The recipe makes two drinks, but it is easy to double, triple or even quadruple the recipe to make for friends.
This apple cider margarita is the perfect cocktail to serve at a Halloween party, Thanksgiving or any happy hour or gathering this fall.
Apple cider: use your favorite apple cider, preferably one that is well balanced: tart, sweet but not syrupy and has a strong apple flavor. Using good cider will make all the difference!
Tequila: you can’t have a margarita without tequila! Use your favorite quality blanco (silver) tequila. Blanco tequila is clear.
Triple Sec: triple sec is an orange flavored liqueur. The flavor compliments the flavors of the tequila, apple cider and lemon juice. Cointreau is a popular brand of triple sec you can use; however, you can use any brand of triple sec.
Lemon juice: lemon juice adds fresh tartness that contrasts the sweetness of the apple cider. It will also be used to rim the glass with cinnamon sugar.
Maple syrup: maple syrup will add a nice amount of natural sweetness to this cocktail without making it overly sweet or heavy.
Cinnamon: cinnamon will be used on the rim of the glass and in the drink itself to add a spiced flavor.
Sugar: for the rim only.
- Apple slices
- Cinnamon stick
- Star Anise
- Rosemary or thyme sprig
- Lemon or orange slice
Cocktail shaker (if you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can use a mason jar or anything with a tight sealing lid)
Jigger or shot glass
Small plate (for cinnamon sugar for rimming the glasses)
On the small plate, combine the cinnamon and sugar. Run a lemon wedge around the rim of each glass and then dip the rim of each glass in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
In a small ramekin, combine the maple syrup and cinnamon. Mix until cinnamon is dissolved in the maple syrup (this helps ensure the cinnamon dissolves).
In a cocktail shaker, add the tequila, triple sec, lemon juice and cinnamon maple syrup.
Add ice, cover the cocktail shaker and shake for 10-15 seconds. Strain margarita into cocktail glasses filled with ice.
Top with sparkling water or seltzer. Garnish with with desired toppings, such as an apple slice and cinnamon stick.
What To Eat With Apple Cider Margaritas
- Pear and Brie Flatbread
- Autumn Harvest Salad with Quinoa
- One Pan Maple Mustard Chicken and Veggies
- Butternut Squash Lasagna
- Sweet Potato Chowder
- Try lime juice instead of lemon juice or a combination of both.
- Use an apple or lemon seltzer to add extra flavor.
- Top with prosecco instead of seltzer to add bubbles.
- Try apple pie spice instead of cinnamon for a different flavor.
- Place your glasses in the freezer 30 minutes before making your cocktail to keep your drink colder for longer.
- For best flavor, use fresh apple cider from a cider mill or apple orchard vs. a mass produced one from the grocery store.
- Use fresh lemon juice vs. bottled lemon juice for the freshest flavor.
- Taste and adjust maple syrup and/or tequila amount, if needed, based on your taste preferences.
More Drink Recipes You’ll Love
- Blackberry Sage Margarita
- White Peach Frosé
- Spiked Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
- Apple Pie Smoothie
As always, if you make this recipe please let me know by commenting and rating below. If you take a picture, tag me on Instagram @thechowdown. I love seeing your recreations!
Fall Apple Cider Margarita
- 4 oz tequila
- 2 oz triple sec
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 4 oz apple cider
- 2 oz seltzer
For the rim
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- apple slices
- cinnamon stick
- On the small plate, combine the 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon sugar. Run a lemon wedge around the rim of each glass and then dip the rim of each glass in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- In a small ramekin, combine the maple syrup and cinnamon. Mix until cinnamon is dissolved in the maple syrup.
- In a cocktail shaker, add tequila, triple sec, lemon juice and cinnamon maple syrup. Add ice, cover the cocktail shaker and shake for 10-15 seconds. Strain margaritas into cocktail glasses filled with ice.
- Top with sparkling water or seltzer. Garnish with with desired toppings, such as an apple slice and cinnamon stick.
Leave a Reply